Amount of Interchange fee for payment by cards issued by Mastercard and VISA organizations
We would like to inform you that on 29 April 2019 the European Commission issued a statement of the reduction of the interchange fee by Mastercard and VISA payment organizations for transactions made:
- by debit cards and credit cards issued to individual customers by financial institutions based outside the territory of the European Economic Area (e.g. USA),
- at merchants whose registered office is located on the territory of the European Economic Area.
Mastercard and VISA payment organizations have declared a reduction of the interchange fee for domestic and intra card transactions in e-commerce service to the level of:
- 0.20% of the transaction value for individual debit cards,
- 0.30% of the transaction value for individual credit cards.
The fees are applicable to Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, Visa Electron and V-PAY cards. The change of the above Interchange rates has been in force as from 19 October 2019.
The up-to-date amount of the Interchange fee for card payments is available on payment organizations’ sites at the following links:
- Mastercard – https://www.mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/about-mastercard/what-we-do/interchange.html
- VISA – https://www.visa.co.uk/about-visa/visa-in-europe/fees-and-interchange.html
Fenige sp. z o.o., seated in Warsaw, Promienna 10 street, 03-672 Warsaw, registered in the District Court, 12th Commercial Department of the National Court Register, under number: 0000461471, NIP (tax ID) 118-209-20-36, REGON (National Business Registry number) 146693435, the share capital of which is PLN 962 500.